On campus this year, you are bound to hear countless voices.

Well, not quite countless — about 17,000 and rising at last count.

While walking across the Spine, crammed up against the window of a OCCT bus or waiting for the printer, you’ll overhear the interests, accomplishments and concerns of your peers. You’ll listen to voices carrying an array of pitches, accents and languages, and they’ll all have something new to say.

A voice — even a lone one — is powerful beyond measure. It can share an idea, spread a message, or bring light to issues that others may not even be aware of. One of these ideas, messages or issues, either directly or passively, will have an impact on you this year and maybe for the next four or 40.

If you’re returning, chances are you have found your own voice here on campus. If you are new, you’ll find that voice of yours soon enough. You’ll find pieces of it coming out of the mouths of people that you have plenty in common with, and from those who come from different worlds. Eventually, all of these pieces will take shape as you form your own voice and, if you’re lucky, allow you to leave Binghamton University sounding and thinking differently than when you entered.

Pipe Dream is proud to be one of the many voices that you will come across here at BU. But what makes us different is that we’re more than a voice, we’re a representative. What you’ll find on our mahogany racks is eight to 16 pages of what those students on the Spine, packed in the bus and fixing that midday paper jam found to be important — plus a few advertisements.

This year, we urge you to look for yourself in Pipe Dream. Not only in Weekend Warriors, but on every page. Find your point of view. Find your voice. Find your University, and read all about it. And if you don’t see it in us yet, stop by UUWB03.

It’s a lofty mission, to unite the perspective of thousands of students, but it’s necessary. It’s a goal that Pipe Dream will aim for every Tuesday and Friday, and it is our hope that you will contribute to the conversation every day. Contribute to it by giving Pipe Dream a piece of your voice and, in the process, giving one or 17,000 of your peers a new piece of theirs.

We’ll hear from you soon.