Stake Out

TUESDAY, Nov. 29, 11:15 p.m. — Officers spoke to two maintenance personnel in reference to removing an individual from Old Johnson Hall in Old Dickinson Community, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The suspect, a graduate student who was identified by his student ID card, refused to leave the premises when requested by the maintenance staff. Officers approached the individual and instructed him to exit because the building was closing. The suspect stated that he had been working in an assigned area that was open for late-night use. He cooperated by packing up his belongings and leaving the building.

Damage Control

WEDNESDAY, Nov. 30, 9:09 a.m. — UPD was contacted in response to a hit-and-run that took place outside the Old University Union, Reilly said. The victim, an 82-year-old female, walked back to her vehicle when she noticed considerable damage done to her car. She reported that someone had put creases on the front door and dented above and below another door. The responders observed a number of vehicles and large trucks that passed by during that time frame but were unable to identify any suspects. A motor vehicle accident report was generated by UPD and approximately $1,000 worth of damage was done on the victim’s vehicle. Officers are still investigating the case.

Bidding War

WEDNESDAY, Nov. 30, 2:19 p.m. — Officers assisted another agency regarding the hack of an eBay account, Reilly said. It appeared that a professor had his personal account taken over on the bidding website. Multiple purchases were made on the site through the professor’s linked PayPal account that was also connected to several credit cards. The hacker bought several items that amounted to an estimated $500. After filing a report through its own department, UPD instructed the victim to contact Binghamton City Police because he lived in that particular jurisdiction.

Binghamton Burglar

THURSDAY, Dec. 1, 8:59 a.m. — Officers received a report of burglary from a Sodexo Starbucks employee in the first floor of the Hinman Dining Hall, Reilly said. An inspection of the area revealed that one of the storage closet doors had been pried open in addition to visible damage. The employee claimed that after assessing the inventory, it may have been possible that coffee mugs, as well as other items, were missing. The burglary had to have happened between closing and 6 a.m., according to UPD. There are currently no suspects and officers intend to speak with employees who were working that night to find out more information. The total amount of items missing was worth approximately $40. The case is still under investigation.