LinkedIn Luke Stempa, a sophomore at Binghamton University, was found dead in his Vestal apartment on Wednesday night.

This article was updated at 12:33 p.m. on Nov. 2. 

Luke Stempa, the Binghamton University sophomore who was found dead in his UClub apartment in Vestal on Wednesday night, died of a drug overdose, police announced on Friday.

According to the Vestal Police Department, the death does not appear to be a suicide. Stempa, 21, of Great Neck, New York, was discovered dead around 9 p.m. on Wednesday. An autopsy was conducted to determine his cause of death.

A toxicology report is also being generated, according to Lieutenant Christopher Streno of the Vestal Police Department. Streno declined to comment on Friday on what Stempa may have overdosed on.

“The results of the toxicology report will take a little bit to come back,” Streno said. “All we can say at this point is it was a drug overdose.”

The case remains under investigation by the Vestal Police Department.

In a Dateline statement released at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, University officials extended their condolences to Stempa’s friends and family.

“The campus is saddened to learn of the death of sophomore Luke Stempa, who was found dead in his off-campus apartment Wednesday night,” the statement read. “The University extends its sincerest condolences to Stempa’s family and friends.”

Campus officials are urging students and staff struggling with Stempa’s death to reach out to the Dean of Students Office and the CARE Team.

According to Stempa’s LinkedIn account, he was interested in pursuing a career in marketing, sales or public relations. A website, where friends can share memories and donate to Stempa’s family, has been set up in his honor.

This article will be updated as more information becomes available.