The following reports were provided by Investigator Robert Meddleton of Binghamton’s New York State University Police.

No propane

TUESDAY, Oct. 23, 3:30 p.m. — A Physical Facilities employee contacted police after they were notified through their switchboard that the Chenango Champlain Collegiate Center lost all access to its propane on Oct. 21 at 11:05 a.m. The lack of propane caused issues for Binghamton University Dining Services and its employees as it occurred during peak lunch hours and on open house weekend. After reviewing surveillance footage, police observed a 35-year-old male suspect activate the power panel for the propane. Charges are pending.

Laundry thief

TUESDAY, Oct. 23, 9:42 p.m. — Officers responded to Delaware Hall of Newing College after receiving a call from a 21-year-old female. The female said she placed her white Converse sneakers in the dryer around 6 p.m., and when she returned to get her belongings, the sneakers were gone. This is the fourth report of items stolen from the Delaware Hall laundry room. Police are advising residents to call them if they see anything suspicious.

Scamming

WEDNESDAY, Oct. 24, 12:19 p.m. — A 30-year-old male contacted UPD after he received a call from an unknown person claiming to be a U.S. Social Security Administration representative. The unknown suspect told the male he was under investigation and asked him to confirm his social security number. The male confirmed the number and was told that his bank account would be shut down unless he paid Social Security a specific sum of money. Under instructions from the unknown suspect, the victim withdrew money from his account and converted the money to cash cards. The suspect asked for the numbers on the cash cards; however, the male said he wouldn’t give the suspect the numbers without seeing proof that the call was legitimate. The suspect promised to call back and hung up. The male said he has not heard from the suspect since. Police are advising campus community members to contact them if they receive a similar call.

Medical marijuana

THURSDAY, Oct. 25, 11:21 p.m. — An officer on patrol was traveling northbound on Glenn G. Bartle Drive when he noticed a vehicle containing four males parked in the right lane of the traffic circle. As the officer’s vehicle approached the car, the vehicle began driving away. When the officer stopped the vehicle, the driver presented his New York state medical marijuana card as ID and said the group had just driven from New York City in order to visit a friend. The officer smelled marijuana and asked if the males had smoked any. They said they had not, but the officer had probable cause to search their vehicle. During the search, the officer found a glass bong, five cartridges of cannabis oil, a small jar containing wax, a bag of plant matter that later tested positive for marijuana, a vaporizer pen and a large torch lighter. The driver claimed ownership of the items, and the officer informed him that his card did not cover several of the items found. The male was arrested and was issued an appearance ticket for Vestal Town Court.