FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 10:06 a.m. — A visiting student and parent reported to Binghamton’s New York State University Police Department that after visiting campus the previous day, they had misplaced a backpack in the Anderson Center, said investigator Patrick Reilly. The backpack had the victim’s MacBook, iPhone and various other items, and had been accidentally left in the Anderson Center after both persons thought the other had the pack. They filed a report with University Police and the case is still under investigation.

SATURDAY, APRIL 14, 2:39 a.m. — Officers on patrol noticed a suspicious male student carrying two cases of soda walking away from the Chenango Champlain Collegiate Center, Reilly said. The officers pulled up to the suspect after noticing the cases were filled with plastic bottles. The suspect carefully placed the cases on the ground and then proceeded to run down East Drive. One of the officers pursued on foot while the other followed in a car, and the suspect was taken down near Dickinson Community’s O’Connor Hall. The suspect was intoxicated and said that he was looking for a thrill and was apologetic. The suspect was arrested for charges of burglary, resisting arrest and possession of stolen property.

SATURDAY, APRIL 14, 11:46 p.m. — Officers driving through parking lot S-2 noticed a person in a small SUV trying to hide from the officers, Reilly said. The officers knocked on the window and after it was opened, they detected an odor of marijuana. The suspect, a 20-year-old female student, denied smoking but had bloodshot eyes, according to the officers. After she stepped out of the car, the officers checked the vehicle and found a pink and black eyeglass case, inside of which was a plastic baggie with a green leafy substance that tested positive for marijuana. The officers also found two plastic pipes and three used marijuana cigarettes. The suspect was given an appearance ticket for Vestal Town Court.

SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 8:24 p.m. — An 18-year-old male student told University Police that someone had walked into his room in Newing College’s Broome Hall and stole his Fender Stratocaster guitar while he was gone, Reilly said. The victim did not know who could have walked into his room during the day, and the case is still under investigation.