Daniel O'Connor/Staff Photographer Members of the Student Association Elections Committee tally the results of the election on Tuesday night.

After over five hours of counting, the Student Association Elections Committee announced the unofficial results of Monday’s and Tuesday’s elections.

With nearly 45 percent of the vote, Mark Soriano, a junior majoring in history, will become the next president of the Student Association.

Derek Gumb, a junior majoring in philosophy, politics and law, took 42.6 percent of the vote to win executive vice president.

Lian Friia, a junior majoring in math, was elected as vice president for programming with 54.76 percent of the vote.

Eric Larson, a junior majoring in economics, won vice president for finance with 63.67 percent of the vote.

Aaron Ricks, a junior majoring in political science, was elected vice president for academic affairs, garnering 46.88 percent of the vote.

And Daniel Adeyanju, a junior majoring in biology, was elected vice president for multicultural affairs with 67.02 percent of the vote.

In addition to voting for the 2012-13 Executive Board, students also passed a referendum keeping the student activity fee mandatory. SUNY Board of Trustees policy mandates a vote on the fee every two years.

Students in Off Campus College cast the most ballots with 348 votes counted, followed by Newing College with 316 votes, College-in-the-Woods with 302, Mountainview College with 216, Hinman College with 158, Dickinson Community with 133, Hillside Community with 35 and Susquehanna Community with 24 votes. A total of 1,532 votes were counted.

Nick Fondacaro, SA elections chair and a junior majoring in political science, said the switch to electronic ballots was definitely an improvement.

“I thought it was good, and we got lots of positive comments from voters,” Fondacaro said. “The move was cool, and I liked it personally. We hope to perfect the program for next year.”

The results are currently unofficial and are subject to approval by the Student Assembly on April 10, when classes resume after spring break.