The following accounts were provided by Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police.

Student parties too hard

WEDNESDAY, Sept. 27, 1:25 a.m. — Officers responded to Broome Hall of Newing College after receiving a report of an intoxicated female. When officers arrived, the 19-year-old student was lying next to a toilet. Her friends said she was drinking in Downtown Binghamton at a fraternity party and at the bars on State Street. They said she had thrown up before the officer arrived on the scene. Officers contacted Harpur’s Ferry ambulance, and the EMTs transported her to the hospital.

Damage caused by regular use

WEDNESDAY, Sept. 27, 9:49 a.m. — A 39-year-old female Residential Life employee contacted UPD after discovering damage in Bingham Hall of Newing College. The damage, which the employee believed was the result of criminal mischief, was in the fourth-floor lounge of the hall. A magnetic door release, which is a piece of fire safety equipment, appeared to be damaged. Upon arriving at the scene, officers examined the door release, and found that the screws holding it in place had not been properly installed. Because of this, officers believe the damage was caused by wear and tear, not criminal mischief. A work order has been placed.

Driver complains about parking ticket

THURSDAY, Sept. 28, 2:11 a.m. — An officer on patrol noticed a vehicle that was stopped in the middle of East Drive. Because the vehicle was obstructing traffic, the officer turned on their emergency lights, and the vehicle pulled over to the side of the road. The officer approached the driver, a 27-year-old male, and asked to see his driver’s license and vehicle registration. The driver gave the officer his information, and told the officer that he had purposefully stopped in the roadway because he wanted to speak with the officer about a parking ticket he’d previously received. The officer ran the male’s license through the DMV database, and found it was expired. The officer gave the male a ticket for driving with a suspended license, and told him that UPD could not help him with the parking ticket, as Transportation and Parking Services handles all parking violations. The male will appear in Vestal Town Court.

Laundry basket goes missing

THURSDAY, Sept. 28, 6:23 p.m. — An 18-year-old male reported a larceny in Endicott Hall of Newing College. The victim said he’d been washing laundry in the downstairs laundry room, and had left his empty laundry basket in the room between 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. When he returned to pick up his laundry, the basket was gone. Because the basket was missing, the victim said he was forced to carry his laundry by hand to his room. The victim described the laundry basket as a white, square basket from Walmart. Its estimated value is $6.28. The case is still under investigation, and anybody with any knowledge of the whereabouts of the missing laundry basket should contact UPD immediately.

Yuri Lee contributed reporting to this story.