The following accounts were provided by Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police.

Samsung stolen in Bartle

WEDNESDAY, Sept. 20, 1:11 p.m. — A 19-year-old male contacted police after his Samsung Galaxy S7 cellphone was stolen from the library. The male told police he thought he left it in the Information Commons area, near the printers, between 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. on Sept. 19. He said he tracked the phone via its GPS signal until 6:30 p.m., when the feature was turned off. UPD checked lost and found, but the phone wasn’t located. The library staff has been notified, but nobody has turned in the phone. The phone is estimated to cost $780.

Tickets cause rant

FRIDAY, Sept. 22, 11:02 a.m. — Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) staff contacted UPD to report a harassment incident. The suspect, a 21-year-old male, came to the office complaining about two tickets. The male received the tickets for not having an inspection sticker or valid registration for his car. He said both the inspection sticker and registration were valid, but he didn’t have them properly displayed. A TAPS employee told the male that the ticket for the car registration would be waived if he could provide proof that the car was registered. The male said he lost his registration, and became enraged when the employee told him the ticket would not be waived. He screamed expletives at the employee and said TAPS was “ripping off students.” The male was asked to leave and the employee contacted police to request that he be referred to Student Conduct. He has yet to pay his tickets.

Sedan hits student outside C4

MONDAY, Sept. 25, 3:41 p.m. — UPD was contacted by a 17-year-old female who said she’d been struck by a vehicle while walking across a crosswalk on East Drive. The female said she’d been walking across the raised crosswalk by the Chenango Champlain Collegiate Center (C4) when a black four-door sedan hit her on her right side. She was walking behind a group of students who had finished crossing at the time of the incident and were not hit. After being hit, she landed on the hood of the vehicle. She started yelling at the driver, but the car drove away. She said she was not injured, and declined medical attention, but said she was starting to feel slightly stiff. She didn’t know the make or model of the car. She stated it had been occupied by three white males. The case is still under investigation, and anybody with any information regarding the hit-and-run should contact UPD.

Radio taken from break room

TUESDAY, Sept. 26, 1:09 a.m. — A 63-year-old female University employee reported her portable radio was stolen from the Admissions Center. The radio, which was charging in the building’s unlocked break room, was last seen on Sept. 23. The employee said she left it there, and when she returned Sept. 25, the radio and charging block were gone. Police were unable to find any witnesses, and the case is still under investigation.