The following accounts were provided by Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police.

Parking ticket provokes drama

MONDAY, Sept. 11, 2:12 p.m. — A Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) employee contacted UPD after a 21-year-old male student harassed the TAPS staff in the Couper Administration Building. The employee said the student began yelling at a staff member over a parking ticket. According to the employee, the student indicated he’d received a parking ticket in a paid lot. He said TAPS was “ripping students off” and “didn’t care,” even though students “pay thousands of dollars in tuition each year.” The staff member attempted to explain to the student that he could use a courtesy card, which would have allowed him to not pay the ticket. The student reportedly signed the courtesy card, slammed his hand on the counter and left. Roughly 10 minutes later, the student contacted the office via phone. When an employee picked up the phone to answer the call, the student hung up without saying anything. Several minutes later, the student called again and was transferred to another employee. The employee explained what the meters in the paid lots were used for, but the student continued to argue and eventually hung up on the employee. The student was referred to Student Conduct.

Driver caught with suspended license

TUESDAY, Sept. 12, 10:20 p.m. — An officer on patrol observed a vehicle traveling down West Drive with no headlights. The officer pulled the driver over near Physical Facilities. The driver was identified via her driver’s license as a 46-year-old female. A license check revealed her license had been suspended last month because of a failure to answer to traffic summons in the Town of Dickinson Justice Court. The female received two tickets, one for driving without her headlights running, and another for driving with a suspended license. She was given a ticket to appear in the Vestal Town Court.

Umbrella causes elevator damage

THURSDAY, Sept. 14, 8:12 p.m. — A resident assistant contacted police after observing damage to the “up” button on the left side elevator in O’Connor Hall of Dickinson Community. Officers investigated the incident and checked the hall cameras, which revealed the button was damaged when a group of male students used an umbrella to hit the button. The group is seen on video approaching and standing next to the elevators. One of the males can be seen extending his umbrella to press the button, causing the damage. In the video, the group is seen reacting to the damage and examining the control panel before entering the elevator. All of the males were identified and interviewed. One admitted responsibility and will receive a bill for the damage to the elevator. A work order has been placed to repair the damage.

Turtle takes trip on trail

THURSDAY, Sept. 14, 8:13 p.m. — A pedestrian contacted police to report an animal moving along Skyward Trail, which connects Susquehanna Community and Hillside Community. The pedestrian said there was a large turtle in the middle of the trail and expressed concern for the safety of the animal and other walkers. Officers responded to the area, but on arrival, found that the turtle had moved off the trail. Officers searched the surrounding woods but were unable to locate the turtle.