Cracking Up

WEDNESDAY, Nov. 16, 8:46 a.m. — Officers received a report of criminal mischief in the Tuscarora Office Building of College-in-the-Woods, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. A physical facilities employee contacted UPD concerning a broken window in the government area meeting room. The responding officers reached out to a Residential Life staff member who claimed that she was in the area the night before, but was unaware of the broken window. The staff member also stated that she would check with the members of the area government to see if they know anything regarding the window. The damages to the 3-by-6 window will cost about $500 to repair. There are no known suspects in the case and it is still under investigation.

Faking It

WEDNESDAY, Nov. 16, 1:07 p.m. — Officers were contacted by campus parking services concerning a forged Binghamton University parking permit in Parking Lot E, Reilly said. The suspect, an 18-year-old male, was accused of forging a parking pass displayed on the windshield and on the inside console of his vehicle. An interview of the suspect indicated that his parents had brought the car up for the weekend so he could drive it home for Thanksgiving break. The suspect claimed that he had borrowed someone else’s parking permit and made copies for his own use. Additionally, he claimed that he did not understand the parking rules regarding five- to six-day permits. The suspect was not arrested, but was referred to Student Conduct pending payment for the parking fine.

It’s lit

WEDNESDAY, Nov. 16, 4:12 p.m. — Officers received a call concerning arson on the second floor in Onondaga Hall of College-in-the-Woods, Reilly said. The responders indicated that there was burnt material found under the maintenance door on the A-L side of the second floor. Officers concluded that several name tags were taken off doors, set on fire then slid below the door. The fire did not cause any major damage other than destroying the name tags. Photographs were taken of the area and multiple residents were interviewed by UPD. There are no suspects and the case is an ongoing investigation.

Piling On

THURSDAY, Nov. 17, 11:43 a.m. — UPD was contacted in response to a two-car motor vehicle accident that occurred on Vestal Parkway West, Reilly said. The victim, a 23-year-old female, was stopped at a red light in front of the BU campus when she was hit from behind. The suspect, a 22-year-old male, was reportedly operating an Off Campus College Transport (OCCT) blue bus when he accidentally took his foot off of the brakes and struck the victim’s car. The damage was minor to her rear bumper and there was no visible damage to the bus. Information was exchanged between the drivers. The suspect had to file a state motor vehicle accident report as required by state law.