MONDAY, APRIL 11, 1:50 p.m. — A 19-year-old male student reported to University Police that after losing his Binghamton ID card at the Nite Owl the previous night, he found that someone had been using his card, said Investigator Patrick J. Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. After ordering a new ID card, he found that the next time he used his card, his balance was down to $0.82, and so he came to the conclusion that someone had spent about $50 on his card. There are no suspects and the student chose to take no action.

TUESDAY, APRIL 12, 12:52 p.m. — Officers on patrol were called to the Science Library in response to a report regarding a stolen University laptop, Reilly said. Officers were investigating the incident when a 22-year-old male student employed by the library came by to return the computer. The student said he had needed the laptop for class. The officers informed him that he had taken the wrong laptop which is not meant to be taken for use outside the library. In reply, he said that he didn’t care about the policy and said that his academics were more important. No action was taken.

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 5:02 p.m. — The Residential Director of Mountainview College’s Whitney Hall called University Police to say that she had detected the odor of marijuana in her building, Reilly said. Officers responded to the call, but were unable to determine a specific room that the smell was coming from. They knocked on the door of one room, but no one answered.