In the coming months, Binghamton University’s Anderson Center will host a handful of gigs, from Chinese acrobats to The Beach Boys.

The summer concert schedule at the Anderson Center will kick off on July 4 with k.d. Lang and her band, The Siss Boom Bang. k.d. Lang is an acclaimed Canadian pop and country artist who has won four Grammy awards and eight Juno awards, an award granted to musicians each year by the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences.

Next on the Anderson Center’s schedule is The Beach Boys, who will perform in concert on August 24. The group, famous for its summer-themed songs — including 36 Top 40 hits — and tight vocal harmonies, had a seminal influence on rock music in the 1960s. The group was inducted into the Rock N’ Roll Hall of Fame in 1988 and received a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2001.

Gary Pedro, executive director of the Anderson Center, said he believed The Beach Boys’ music still has widespread appeal and that he expects the show to sell out. He said he saw the band perform last year in Easton, Pa. and was impressed by the band’s ability to sell out shows and by what he described as an enthusiastic concert atmosphere and great performance.

The summer schedule will finish off with Béla Fleck and the Flecktones, a critically acclaimed jam-outfit that plays an eclectic mix of progressive bluegrass, jazz, folk, classical and world music. Band members Béla Fleck, Victor Wooten and Howard Levy have each won Grammy awards individually and together as the Flecktones.

Rosanne Norris, marketing director of the Anderson Center, said the lineup of shows over the summer will continue a five-year long tradition offering exciting experiences to the greater Binghamton community. She said that the Anderson Center’s outdoor amphitheater design is unique among venues in the Binghamton area.

As many students are gone from campus, summer concerts at the Anderson Center are attended primarily by Binghamton residents.

“[It is] a chance for [Binghamton residents] to come to campus for arts and events that they’re going to hopefully remember for a really long time,” Pedro said.

During the summer, students must pay the same price for Anderson Center shows as the rest of the public, whereas they pay nearly half price during the academic year, according to Norris.

Tickets for The Beach Boys will cost $60 for inside seating and $30 for seating on the lawn.

The Anderson Center’s calendar for the fall includes performances in October by the San Francisco Jazz Collective and a Spanish dancing troupe that is being billed as “Gypsy Fire- Compañia Flamenca José Porcel.” In November, the National Acrobats of the People’s Republic of China will perform.

Pedro makes the final decision on which acts the Anderson Center books, though he said he considers the input of Floyd Herzog, a former director for the Center and current artistic consultant, as well as the rest of the Anderson Center’s staff. He said that cost and student appeal factor chiefly in his selection.

Pedro looks for performers primarily through the Association of Performing Arts Presenters Conference that takes place in January each year. The conference showcases musicians, dance troupes and theater groups represented by nationally known agencies like Columbia Artists Management Inc., International Creative Management, Paradigm and the William Morris Agency.

“We try to focus on international artists mainly because of the University’s mission to promote diversity and a global perspective on things,” he said.

Pedro said that pop performers do not typically achieve these goals of diversity and globalism and are too expensive to book. But he added that he tries to balance student preferences while providing a unique experience.