TUESDAY, MARCH 1, 11:40 p.m. — The occupants of a suite in Mountainview College’s Windham Hall complained that the residents of another suite had entered their suite and trashed the living area, said Investigator Patrick J. Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The two suites had engaged in a “prank war,” but the victims said the suspects had gone too far in using baby powder, dry cereal, shaving cream and some syrup to trash their living area, and even damaging some of their personal and state property. The prank war had started when the residents of one suite took a recycling bin full of water and dumped it in front of the other’s door. The case will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

THURSDAY, MARCH 3, 11:03 p.m. — A 19-year-old female student living in College-in-the-Woods’ Onondaga Hall reported to University Police that she had been receiving malicious text messages from an unknown person, Reilly said. The texts were “graphic,” and while she did not recognize the number, she believed the texts were from a female student who is now going out with her ex-boyfriend. The victim had asked the suspect to stop, but the suspect did not. The victim chose to use criminal prosecution, but the case is still under investigation.

FRIDAY, MARCH 4, 6:07 p.m. — Officers on patrol responded to reports of the odor of marijuana in Hinman College’s Lehman Hall, Reilly said. The officers located the suite where the smell was coming from and were able to enter the suite. Two 19-year-old male students who lived in the suite were present, and upon being asked about the odor, one of the students admitted to having a bag of marijuana in his room. The officers also noticed a large number of alcoholic beverages in the room and the other suspect admitted to ownership. Both suspects were given appearance tickets to Vestal Town Court.

MONDAY, MARCH 7, 12:37 a.m. — Officers on patrol responded to reports of property damage in College-in-the-Woods’ Seneca Hall, Reilly said. An unknown person used a garbage can to break one of the bathroom mirrors on the fifth floor. There are no suspects or witnesses.