WEDNESDAY, FEB. 2, 10:15 a.m. — A 20-year-old female student notified University Police that she was receiving harassing text messages from a 21-year-old male student with whom she lived in a suite last semester, said Investigator Dennis P. Bush of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The suspect had sent several text messages asking about a spatula that the victim had, and despite the victim’s requests that the suspect stop texting her, he continued to do so. The suspect was contacted and appeared at the University Police Department, where he was questioned about the incident. The student showed the texts to the officers, which revealed a separate incident between the two about sour milk that had been left in a fridge and which the victim claimed had been left on her desk at one point. Residential Life has issued a no-contact order for both students.

THURSDAY, FEB. 3, 2:04 p.m. — An 18-year-old male student reported his MacBook Pro stolen Friday, after the student returned to his room that day after spending the night out, Bush said. The student’s dorm room in College-in-the-Woods’ Cayuga Hall was unlocked because his roommate had lost his key, so several people had access to the room over the course of the time the student was out. The student chose to take judicial action, but there are no suspects yet.

THURSDAY, FEB. 3, 8:33 p.m. — An 18-year-old female student reported to University Police that she had received two phone calls on her dorm room phone from a company that she did not think was legitimate, Bush said. The company asked for her personal information and she refused to give it to them. Online searches conducted both by the student and University Police found that there were numerous complaints from people about the company asking for expensive subscriptions. The victim chose to take no action and officers advised that if she gets any further phone calls she should tell the company to remove her from their calling list with a threat of police action if they did not comply.