Fraudulent Freshman

SATURDAY, Sept. 3, 3:21 a.m. — Police were contacted with a complaint concerning a taxi cab dispute on the Delaware Service Drive by Chenango Champlain Collegiate Center, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The complainant, a taxi driver, claimed that a disruptive student was refusing to pay for his cab fare upon returning to campus from Downtown Binghamton. The student left the scene before officers arrived, but according to the complainant, made a vague threat that he would “be back” for the cab driver. Eventually, the student was identified and tracked down and was asked to pay for his cab ride. His credit card was declined several times before one of his friends agreed to pay for him.

Not Again

SATURDAY, Sept. 10, 3:27 a.m. — Officers pulled over a 23-year-old male after he was caught on a speed gun going 39 miles per hour around the traffic circle, Reilly said. Upon checking the driver’s information, officers determined that he was driving with a suspended license. The driver admitted that he had two unpaid tickets, one for aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.

Game Over

SUNDAY, Sept. 11, 12:38 a.m. — Police received a call to Glimmerglass Hall of Hillside Community for a reported burglary from a suite’s common room, Reilly said. Residents of the apartment said that sometime between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m., someone entered their common area and stole a television, Xbox and several controllers. Some of the residents were home but did not notice anyone entering the room. There are no suspects at this time.

Tree Topple

SUNDAY, Sept. 11, 6:16 p.m. — Police and Harpur’s Ferry responded to a motor vehicle accident in Parking Lot B, Reilly said. The victim, a 52-year-old female, was the mother of a Binghamton University student. As she was driving through the parking lot, her car struck a tree, which caused the vehicle to flip onto its roof. The victim was transported to a local hospital by Harpur’s Ferry.

Meal Menace

UPDATE — The 21-year-old female accused by her roommates of putting dish detergent in their ice cream and adulterating other food items in their apartment was arrested and charged with two counts of criminal mischief, a class A misdemeanor.