Most weekend nights, you’d be more likely to find students at Tom & Marty’s than the Glenn G. Bartle Library. But in the days leading up to finals week, the library turns into something different — “Club Bartle.”

As the library’s Facebook page describes, “there’s a two-week long party at my place at the end of each semester — it’s a silent rave so bring your headphones.”

As students look to boost their grades, extended stays in the library are commonplace during the closing weeks of the semester. Many students spend eight hours a day or more in Club Bartle in the run up to finals week, cramming for exams, finishing projects and completing papers.

Daniel Diamond, a senior majoring in biology, said he has had his fair share of late-night experiences in the library.

“One time I stayed at the library till four in the morning,” Diamond said. “I left with the sun coming up and I fed a squirrel a bagel.”

The sudden crunch for time leaves students like Alex Cameron, a senior majoring in actuarial science, camping out in the library’s group study rooms.

“Last year we had a study room and I had to hold it down for a shift from two to six,” Cameron said.

Nicholas Sahrle, a senior majoring in financial economics, also noted the competition to hold onto highly coveted group spaces.

“People are devious and deceptive in trying to kick you out of the study rooms,” Sahrle said.

Cameron said he enjoys Club Bartle’s eccentric moments.

“One year there were people in a study room holding up numbers, judging people that walked past,” Cameron said.

Some students even use the library as a makeshift second dorm.

“I saw somebody brushing their teeth in the bathroom,” Sahrle said. “That was pretty weird.”

But the overcrowding that occurs in Club Bartle in the weeks leading up to finals causes some students, like Robert Daly, a senior majoring in industrial and systems engineering, to find alternative study spaces.

“I always go to the Science Library; I hate going to Bartle,” Daly said.