Stick-y Fingers

FRIDAY, Feb. 12, 12:58 a.m. — Officers on foot patrol of the Chenango Champlain Collegiate Center (C4) were approached by the dining hall manager, who told them that they had caught a student who was stealing mozzarella sticks, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The suspect, a 19-year-old male, was seen eating the mozzarella sticks and then putting the rest into his pocket without paying for them. The dining hall manager chose criminal prosecution, and the suspect was arrested for petty larceny. He was given an appearance ticket for Vestal Town Court. This is one of four similar instances this past weekend.

Tag Torment

FRIDAY, Feb. 12, 6:13 p.m. — Officers were notified on Friday about harassment that had been occurring in College-in-the-Woods’ Cayuga Hall, Reilly said. The victim, an 18-year-old male, had found that on Tuesday or Wednesday, his name tag was pulled from his door. He reported that on several other occasions, the tags had been pulled from his door and crumbled up. It was once found ripped into multiple pieces. The victim wanted the incidents documented, in case something further were to happen.

Baked Goods

SATURDAY, Feb. 13, 12:15 a.m. — Officers responded to a call at O’Connor Hall of the Dickinson Community about an 18-year-old female who was experiencing complications after using marijuana, Reilly said. The suspect stated she was experiencing hallucinations and was concerned about the effects after ingesting a piece of chocolate that contained marijuana. She said that she felt like her heart was going to pound out of her chest. When asked, she refused to say how she obtained the chocolate. She was transferred to Lourdes Hospital for further treatment.

Johnson Jailbait

SUNDAY, Feb. 14, 3:18 a.m. — Officers responded to a call about an intoxicated female in Johnson Hall in Dickinson Community, Reilly said. Upon arrival, the officers found the 18-year-old female banging on a door. They were able to get a name from the individual and where she lived, but were unable to get any other answers. When asked for her date of birth and middle name, she gave bizarre answers, saying she was born in 2011. UPD was unable to determine if she had consumed the alcohol on or off campus. Harpur’s Ferry was dispatched, and she was taken to Binghamton General Hospital for further review.