Nice Rack

TUESDAY, Nov. 17, 2:30 p.m. — Officers responded to the Information Booth for reports of an automobile accident, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The driver, a 36-year-old male, was driving a truck with a roof rack on it and went under the Information Booth, forgetting that he had the roof rack on. The rack caught on the boards on the roof of the info building’s awning and pulled the boards off. There was no damage to the roof rack, but the boards had to be nailed back into the roof.

Rocky Road

TUESDAY, Nov. 17, 3:30 p.m. — A witness called UPD saying that a 37-year-old female was throwing rocks at cars on Vestal Parkway near Murray Hill Road, Reilly said. The caller said that the suspect struck at least three cars with rocks. Officers found the suspect and spoke with another driver in the area who turned out to be an off-duty Binghamton PD officer. The officer said that he saw the suspect strike multiple cars with stones. The suspect saw the officers and picked up a bunch of stones and started running away. The officers caught up with her and told her to drop the stones. The suspect said that she was recently kicked out of a business school in Vestal and that the school took her car away. The suspect decided to throw rocks at cars since she said that she believed that no one should be able to have a car if she couldn’t. Vestal PD officers arrived and arrested the offender and brought her back to their police station for processing.

Ongoing In-vest-igation

WEDNESDAY, Nov. 18, 3:47 p.m. — A 19-year-old male contacted UPD to report his vest stolen, Reilly said. The victim said that he left his navy blue Patagonia puffy vest in the Glenn G. Bartle Library computer area at 1:30 p.m., and when he returned at 3:30 p.m., it was missing. He looked for it at the circulation desk, but they did not have it. The victim filed a report with UPD.

Dude, Know Your Rights

TUESDAY, Nov. 17, 8:17 p.m. — Officers on patrol outside of Oneida Hall in College-in-the-Woods smelled marijuana and observed a male in the distance, Reilly said. As they approached the 18-year-old suspect, they saw a plastic bottle on the ground containing marijuana. The officers asked the suspect if he had any marijuana on him, and he gave them a plastic baggie containing marijuana. The suspect then brought the officers to his room where he gave them more marijuana-related paraphernalia. The suspect was given an appearance ticket for unlawful possession of marijuana returnable to Vestal Town Court. He was also given a warning because the officers observed a forged ID in his room.