Dirty Deed

THURSDAY, Nov. 12, 8:22 p.m. — An 18-year-old male says that his laundry was stolen, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The victim said that he put a pair of pants and two shirts in a washing machine and left Newing College’s Bingham Hall laundry room. When he came back an hour later, the contents were missing. The victim chose to refer the suspect to the Officer of Student Conduct once they are identified.

Well, That Was Easy

SATURDAY, Nov. 14, 8:14 p.m. — Officers were called to Cascade Hall in Mountainvew College because someone smelled marijuana, Reilly said. The officers found the room where the smell was originating from and knocked on the door. An 18-year-old male answered the door and let the officers in. The officers asked if there were any drugs in the room and the suspect handed over containers filled with marijuana and marijuana wax. Numerous pipes and a vaporizer that contained trace amounts of marijuana were also given to them. The suspect was given an appearance ticket returnable to Vestal Town Court.

Peace and Quiet

SUNDAY, Nov. 15, 3:34 a.m. — Officers responded to a noise complaint on the fourth floor of O’Connor Hall in Dickinson Community, Reilly said. The reports said that people were being loud and yelling in the hallways of the floor. The officers heard noise coming from one room and asked the residents of the room to quiet down since people were trying to sleep. The residents complied and said that they would go to bed. The officers stayed on the floor for a bit to ensure that the residents would stay quiet.

Crazy Night, Amirite?

SUNDAY, Nov. 15, 6:02 a.m. — A 21-year-old male called UPD because someone in his apartment in Hillside Community’s Palisades Hall was trying to open his room door, Reilly said. Officers found the unidentified male who said that he left his own apartment earlier in the night to have a smoke and later realized that he locked himself out. Another person smoking outside offered to let the male sleep on the couch in the apartment’s common area. The male accepted this invitation and slept on the couch. When he went back, he left behind his phone and ID. He knocked on the apartment door and eventually retrieved his items. The male said that he did not remember trying to open the caller’s door, but said that he may have tried since the apartment was identical to his apartment so he may have thought that he was in his own apartment. The male went back to his apartment and banged on the door until someone answered and he was let back in.