Clean Getaway

THURSDAY, Oct. 29, 9:15 p.m. — A worker at the Hinman Dining Hall called UPD to report a napkin holder stolen, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The napkin holder was taken from the Nite Owl area sometime earlier in the day. The napkin holder is brown and tan in color and is estimated to cost $50. A Sodexo representative chose to prosecute the suspect through University Judicial. Investigation is still continuing.

Ball Night Long

SATURDAY, Oct. 31, 2:43 a.m. — Officers responded to the Susquehanna basketball court for a noise complaint, Reilly said. The officers observed a male playing basketball and asked if he knew how late it was in the night and to quiet down. The male said that he did but he did not realize that he was being so loud. He then stopped playing, left the basketball court and returned to his room.

Crazy Taxi

SUNDAY, Nov. 1, 1:32 a.m. — Officers were called to the Information Booth for a cab dispute, Reilly said. The driver said that he pulled over before he got to the booth to collect the cab fare before coming onto campus so that no one would try to run away without paying. One male passenger reportedly became belligerent and started screaming and cursing at the driver. A female who was sitting on the male’s lap at the time said that the male was getting angry because the driver was demanding more money than what was initially agreed upon. She also said that the driver had an overloaded cab and thought the driver was aggressive, rude and disrespectful. The students were given a courtesy transport back to campus. The issue was resolved.

Fight Owl

SUNDAY, Nov. 1, 2:07 a.m. — Officers were notified of a fight in progress at the Hinman Dining Hall, Reilly said. An officer was able to detain one of the fighters, a male of an unidentified age. The other officer was able to round up two more people involved in the fight, a male and a female, both of an unidentified age. The first male allegedly came into the dining hall earlier and told the people on line that he was going to cut them and proceeded to go in front of multiple people on the line. The male was told to go to the back of the line and started to get in the faces of the people talking to him. The male was pulled out of the dining area by his friends but continued to scream at the people on line. One of the people, the other male, started yelling back at the first male and started to walk up to him. The second male eventually pushed the first male and someone punched the first male in the side of the head. The two males were referred to University Judicial in lieu of prosecution. There were no visible injuries and no medical attention was needed.