SATURDAY, APRIL 30, 10:30 a.m. — A maintenance worker in College-in-the-Woods’ Seneca Hall reported to University Police that an unidentified person had set off a fire extinguisher in the building, said Investigator Patrick J. Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The person had set it off on two separate floors and the maintenance worker had to use a HEPA vacuum cleaner to clean up the mess. There are no suspects.

SUNDAY, MAY 1, 5:48 p.m. — A business worker who had set up a tent in front of the Engineering Building during the American Heart Association walk reported to University Police that someone had stolen his tent, Reilly said. There were no suspects in the case, but the worker said that he would contact the vendor for the tent and see if they had taken it.

MONDAY, MAY 2, 12:38 a.m. — Officers on patrol responded to reports of fireworks from the co-rec field close to Mountainview College’s Cascade Hall, Reilly said. Three male students all between 20 and 21 years of age were seen leaving the field. When the officers caught up to them, they admitted to setting off the fireworks in celebration of the news about terrorist leader Osama bin Laden’s death. One of the students admitted to having more fireworks in his room and turned them over to University Police. The case was sent to the Office of Student Conduct.

MONDAY, MAY 2, 3:09 a.m. — A person was observed filling his bag with food items from the College-in-the-Woods Dining Hall and officers on patrol were sent to investigate, Reilly said. Upon seeing the student who met the description, among a group of others, the officers ordered them to stop what they were doing, but instead the students ran away. More officers responded and pursued, and the suspects were caught getting into an SUV in the Glenn G. Library’s meter parking lot. The suspect’s bag was searched and food items from the dining hall were found. Three of the suspects were placed under arrest and arraigned in the Town of Vestal Court. The two other suspects were contacted later and admitted their involvement. They were also arrested and arraigned under counts of burglary.