FRIDAY, OCT. 7, 6:01 p.m. — A 20-year-old female driver on Center Drive was stopped for a traffic violation and found to be in possession of marijuana, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The car was pulled over for failing to yield in the traffic circle, and officers questioning the suspect detected a smell of burnt marijuana. The suspect admitted to smoking in the car about four hours previously, and after she gave consent to a search, the officers found one gram of a green leafy substance. The officers also found chlorozepine pills which were not prescribed to the driver. The suspect, who is not a student, was processed at UPD’s station and then posted bail.

SATURDAY, OCT. 8, 1:44 a.m. — Officers on patrol responded to reports of loud music from a room in Hinman College’s Smith Hall, Reilly said. The officers spoke to a resident assistant who had been receiving complaints from other students on the floor. When the RA went to this room to tell its inhabitants to quiet down, the students said to the RA, “Leave us the fuck alone.” The officers entered the room and told the students inside to clean up beer bottles, red cups and ping pong balls which were lying around. One of the students, a 19-year-old male, was uncooperative. His case was referred to Residential Life and the Office of Student Conduct.

SATURDAY, OCT. 8, 1:52 a.m. — Officers on patrol responded to a disturbance in Parking Lot N. The officers were attempting to disperse a crowd of students who were quarreling when an 18-year-old female student yelled “assholes,” Reilly said. The officers detained the suspect, who said she was speaking to the students present and not the officers. The officers asked for an ID, but they found she was carrying two non-matching IDs. Her case was referred to Office of Judicial Affairs.

SUNDAY, OCT. 9, 7:21 p.m. — Students called UPD to report that they had detected the smell of marijuana in Mountainview College’s Hunter Hall, Reilly said. When officers reached the room, they confirmed the smell and could hear numerous people talking in the room. When they entered, they found a table set up for beer pong, and they saw one of the people in the room trying to hide a suitcase. The suspect, an 18-year-old male student, gave the officers the suitcase, in which they found a Ziploc bag containing 23 grams of a green leafy substance. The officers determined that the substance was marijuana. They also confiscated a knife that was in the suspect’s possession.