WEDNESDAY, OCT. 12, 10:10 p.m. — A 19-year-old female student reported that a 21-year-old male student in Mountainview College’s Cascade Hall was harassing her, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The victim, the suspect and several other individuals had been playing a card game in the common room of a suite when an argument arose between the victim and the suspect. The suspect allegedly stood up and walked past the victim, in the process striking her on the head, shoulder and side with his leg. The suspect then reportedly told the victim that if he saw her again, he would assault her. The victim was uninjured, but she was upset and said that although she did not want to press charges, she did want to document the incident. Police warned the suspect not to have any contact with the victim.

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 19, 11:30 a.m. — An unknown suspect stole a 20-year-old female student’s wallet, iPhone and Dell laptop out of her bag after she left the bag in Lecture Hall 1 while her class took a temporary break, Reilly said. Upon returning to the classroom, the female student discovered that her possessions were missing. The wallet contained both a credit and debit card, the iPhone is valued at about $500 and the laptop is valued at about $1,000. There were no witnesses, and the police have no suspects.

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 19, 11:19 p.m. — Resident assistants noticed a marijuana odor in the stairwell of Dickinson Community’s Champlain Hall and reported it to UPD, Reilly said. Patrol arrived and also smelled a marijuana odor in the stairwell, but they found that it was vacant and no one appeared to have been smoking. Police have no suspects.

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 19, 11:48 p.m. — Patrol responded to a report of a marijuana odor emanating from a room in College-in-the-Woods’ Onondaga Hall, Reilly said. Patrol knocked on the door and two residents let the officers in. The two suspects had attempted to disguise the marijuana odor by spraying Lysol, but they also gave the officers permission to search, which resulted in the officers finding a grinder and a small amount of marijuana in the backpack of one of the suspects. In addition, on the same suspect’s desk in plain view the officers observed a napkin dispenser, which both suspects admitted to having stolen from the College-in-the-Woods Dining Hall. Police arrested the suspect whose backpack contained the marijuana for unlawful possession of marijuana and for having stolen the napkin dispenser, and they issued the suspect an appearance ticket for Town of Vestal Court. They referred the other suspect to the Office of Student Conduct.