SATURDAY, MARCH 26, 4:41 p.m. — Officers on patrol driving through Hinman College noticed graffiti on Roosevelt Hall, said Investigator Patrick J. Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The graffiti resembled the video game character Mario from the popular Nintendo games and was drawn in chalk. Maintenance workers washed the graffiti off with water. Suspects are unknown.

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30, 9:57 a.m. — A worker for physical facilities in Hinman College’s Lehman Hall reported to University Police that someone had defecated in the sink in one of the public bathrooms, Reilly said. The cleaners for the building had found the vandalism and were considerably upset that someone had done such a thing. The perpetrator had also wiped some of the waste on one of the shower curtains as well. There are no suspects or witnesses.

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30, 5:29 p.m. — A 20-year-old male student who had been studying in the Glenn G. Bartle Library left his book bag and its contents on the second floor for five minutes, and when he came back he found that one of his books was missing, Reilly said. According to the student, the book was worth about $80. There are no suspects or witnesses.

SATURDAY, APRIL 2, 3:53 a.m. — University Police responded to a fire alarm in Mountainview College’s Windham Hall and found the source of the alarm to be a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup which had been kept in a microwave for too long, Reilly said. The microwave caused a great deal of smoke and the peanut butter cup was burnt thoroughly. The four female students who live in the suite where the incident happened were confused about how it had happened, but suspected two male students who live across the hall of doing it as a prank. Prosecution was declined and the case was referred to the Office of Student Conduct.