The College-in-the-Woods Convenience Store has decreased hours as of Monday, now opening at 4 p.m. every day, while still closing at 1 a.m.

The C-Store used to be open throughout the whole day, beginning at 8 a.m. on weekdays and 11:30 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.

“With the new food venues that opened this semester, traffic patterns have changed, and these hours were adjusted to provide the best service for students based on current business levels,” said Casey Slocum, Sodexo unit marketing coordinator.

The hours for Night Owl remain the same, opening at 8:30 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays and 7 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.

Night Owl serves various foods made-to-order, such as burgers, fries and fried mac and cheese bites. It also serves treats like milkshakes and sundaes.

Many students were unaware of the change and, upon finding out, said they were unaffected. Garrett Darrah, a freshman majoring in geology and a CIW resident, said that he thought the change would have little to no impact on the student body.

“I don’t think the change will effect the CIW community extremely negatively. Most people only go there in the morning for coffee anyway, which they can get downstairs and all over campus. Anything else you can pretty much find in other locations as well, or just wait until 4 p.m. to get it,” Darrah said.

Some students said they found the changes inconvenient, saying that more options should be made available.

“I think they should open earlier on weekends. It makes it difficult that nothing is open earlier than 11 in CIW; not everybody sleeps that late. If they opened the C-Store earlier, you could get food or coffee,” said Emma Bijou, a sophomore majoring in psychology.

According to Slocum, the new hours are being tested on a trial basis for the rest of the spring semester. Sodexo will monitor how the new hours of operation are working, and are open to making further adjustments next fall.

The Marketplace also has a C-Store, which offers similar provisions to those found in the CIW store. This location offers extended hours of operation. Slocum said that these hours are in place to meet the needs of the campus community while other locations may be closed.