MONDAY, OCT. 3, 2:30 a.m. — A male student living on the first floor of Hinman College’s Lehman Hall observed an unknown suspect watching him through his bedroom window, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The victim observed a white male in his mid-30s to early 40s, of average height and wearing glasses, cupping his hands over the window and looking at him. When the suspect saw the victim looking back, he walked away. Police currently have no suspects.

TUESDAY, OCT. 4, 2:22 a.m. — An unknown suspect wrote “Newing is gay” in black marker on one of the elevators in Newing College’s Broome Hall, Reilly said. Writing was also seen on one of the resident assistants’ bulletin boards on the fourth floor of the building. The board read, “Keep Newing great, gorgeous and recycle!” to which someone added the word “gay” in black marker. There was no physical damage to the property, but the marker was reported to the RA staff, who removed the construction paper on which it had been written.

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 5, 11:19 p.m. — Officers were patrolling College-in-the-Woods when they observed two students standing behind Oneida Hall and smelled a marijuana odor, Reilly said. When the officers made their presence known, one of the suspects dropped what he claimed was a cigarette. However, when the officers picked it up, it tested positive for marijuana. The officers identified both students and asked them if they had any additional drugs. One of the suspects took out a small metal container which held .75 grams of marijuana. The first suspect was arrested for unlawful drug possession and was issued an appearance ticket for the Vestal Town Court, while the second suspect was referred to The Office of Student Conduct.

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 5, 12:20 p.m. — A 46-year-old female student reported harassment after a large group of students protesting heightened tuition entered Lecture Hall 1 while she was taking an exam, Reilly said. According to the victim, the students caused her to “lose her concentration” and she was unable to finish the exam she was taking. She wanted to file for harassment against them, but no individual suspects have been named among the protesters.