MONDAY, FEB. 14, 2:06 p.m. — Officers on patrol reported to Parking Lot S-3 near Newing College after a hangtag that had been reported missing from a student’s car in January was found on another vehicle, said Investigator Dennis P. Bush of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The vehicle in question had been given a parking ticket earlier in the semester. The owner of the vehicle is a freshman and thus should not have had a car on campus. The officers were about to have the car towed when the owner of the vehicle came, and he said he had just found the hangtag. Officers chose not to arrest the suspect and instead referred the case to the Office of Student Conduct.

TUESDAY, FEB. 15, 12:21 a.m. — Officers received a report that an odor of marijuana was detected in a public bathroom on the fifth floor of Newing College’s Bingham Hall, Bush said. Officers on patrol investigated the bathroom the odor was coming from, but the bathroom was vacant. They did a further investigation of the hall and found one door that had a smell of air freshener and cologne coming from it, but upon knocking no one answered.

TUESDAY, FEB. 15, 10:50 a.m. — A 20-year-old female student reported to University Police that $20 had been stolen from her room in Hinman College’s Cleveland Hall, Bush said. The victim said the money had been stolen from her purse, which she had left in her room between the hours of 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Her roommate had been present in her room during that time with her back to the door, but had heard someone enter the room and the unzipping of her roommate’s wallet, and had seen their suitemate leaving the room right afterward. Their other suitemates said they had previously had money stolen from their rooms, but had chosen not to report it. The suspect, a 19-year-old female student, said she knew nothing about it, and the case was referred to the Office of Student Conduct.