Monday, NOV. 29, 12:03 a.m. — A resident assistant of Dickinson Community’s Smith Hall called police to report that the smell of marijuana was emanating from the second floor of the building, according to Investigator Dennis P. Bush of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The officers could not find a specific room that the smell was coming from. They then determined that the smell had come from the stairwell, but did not find anyone there. There are no suspects, and the case is closed.

Tuesday, NOV. 30, 9:30 a.m. — A 19-year-old female student reported that a black bag containing her items had been stolen, Bush said. The student said that she had been studying in the Glenn G. Bartle Library, but had left for an hour and after coming back she found that her bag was gone. Police searched for the bag, but could not find it anywhere on the floor. At 4:02 p.m. the bag was returned to the library with all the items remaining in the bag. The case is closed and no further action will be taken.

Wednesday, DEC. 1, 2:09 a.m. — A 20-year-old female student was stopped for a traffic violation by an officer but was then found to be in possession of illegal medication, Bush said. An arrest was not made at the time, but the investigation is ongoing.

Wednesday, DEC. 1, 3:45 a.m. — A member of the physical facilities at Binghamton University’s Innovative Technologies Complex called University Police to report seven stolen hard hats from the building, Bush said. The last time these hard hats were seen was Nov. 30, and maintenance workers questioned said they had not seen the hats. The investigation is ongoing.