Jules Forrest/Assistant Photo Editor Pictured, Titus Andronicus, a New Jersey-based band, headlines a Binghamton Underground Music Presents (BUMP) show in the Mandela Room on Thursday night. With 250 people in attendance, the BUMP show set a record for its biggest turnout yet.

Binghamton Underground Music Presents (BUMP) brought three New Jersey-based bands to campus Thursday night for a rowdy evening of music in the Mandela Room in the Old University Union.

The Jean Jackets, a punk band that features Binghamton University student Christine Spilka, opened the show. River City Extension, an eight-piece band with a folk-punk sound, played second.

Titus Andronicus, the headlining act, took the stage at around 9:10 p.m. and played for about two hours. The five-piece punk rock-indie band recently played at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in April.

According to Aaron Cohn, Student Association vice president for programming, 250 tickets were sold for the event.

“It was the biggest BUMP show we’ve ever had,” Cohn said. “Two years ago, BUMP was lucky to get 20 people at a show.”

BUMP President Rachel Casey had high expectations for the show and she said they were exceeded.

“It was the best BUMP show ever,” Casey said.

Ryan Sullivan, a senior majoring in history, said the concert had one of best crowds he had ever been a part of. He also described the show as “United States-tacular.”

Jaime Danko, a senior majoring in mathematics and Sullivan’s date for the evening, agreed.

“It was beautiful,” she said.

Titus Andronicus’s bearded frontman Patrick Stickles told Pipe Dream in a brief interview after the show that he had fun playing for the BU crowd. He also complemented the atmosphere of the venue.

“Whoever was doing the lights did an excellent job,” Stickles said.