SATURDAY, APRIL 30, 6:55 a.m. — A building guard for the College-in-the-Woods Dining Hall reported to Binghamton’s New York State University Police that an unidentified person had broken a window, said Patrick J. Reilly of University police. The broken glass was leaning over a walkway, so the guard smashed it out. Maintenance workers cleaned the glass and put up cardboard to cover the opening, and the case is still pending investigation.

SUNDAY, MAY 1, 2:39 a.m. — A 19-year-old male student was reported to be discharging a fire extinguisher in Newing College’s Chenango Hall, Reilly said. Officers on patrol responded to the reports and questioned the student, who was visibly intoxicated and initially denied the charges. He was offered medical assistance since he was intoxicated, which he declined, and officers returned later that night to arrest the student on criminal charges. The student was issued an appearance ticket to the Vestal Town Court.

SUNDAY, MAY 1, 4:08 a.m. — Officers on patrol reported to Newing College’s Chenango Hall after a residential assistant called to complain about a student yelling in the hallways, Reilly said. The officers found the student intoxicated and in bed. The student pretended to be asleep, but the officers told him to either go to sleep calmly or else be placed under arrest. The case was referred to judicial.

TUESDAY, MAY 3, 4:40 a.m. — A 20-year-old male student was accused of discharging a fire extinguisher in Newing College’s Bingham Hall, Reilly said. The discharge from the fire extinguisher, which he set off in a stairwell, gathered around a smokehead and led to a false alarm. Residents in the building had to leave for about an hour. The case is still under investigation.