THURSDAY, JAN. 24, 1:38 p.m. — Officers on patrol were called to Newing College’s Broome Hall for a complaint about the smell of marijuana on the building’s fourth floor, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The officers identified the room the smell was coming from, but the resident assistant told the officers that the room’s resident was across the hall. The officers were able to find the suspect, an 18-year-old male student, and gained access to the room. When asked if he had any marijuana in possession, the suspect took a small baggie of marijuana and a pipe with residue in it from a desk drawer. The officers told the suspect that because he cooperated he would not be arrested, and the case was sent to University Judicial.

FRIDAY, JAN. 25, 1:40 p.m. — A 30-year-old University employee reported to University police that he thought someone had tampered with one of his experiments, Reilly said. The victim found that a wire had been displaced from an experiment he had been conducting in the Engineering Building, causing him to lose 24 hours worth of data. He had been having problems with certain people in the University and suspected they had moved the wire intentionally. However, officers could find no evidence that the experiment had been sabotaged and concluded that it had probably been done accidentally, perhaps by the building’s cleaning staff.

SATURDAY, JAN. 26, 1:17 a.m. — Officers who were called to Newing College’s Broome Hall noticed that several ceiling tiles had been damaged, Reilly said. The tiles looked like they had been punched by someone walking down the hallway. The maintenance staff was called to the building and they fixed the problem. There were no witnesses and the case is still under investigation.

SATURDAY, JAN. 26, 3:28 p.m. — A 19-year-old female student reported being harassed by her roommate’s parents in Hinman College’s Cleveland Hall, Reilly said. Both roommates were moving back into the room, and the victim had been asked to rearrange the furniture to better store everything in the room. The victim was reluctant to move things around, and the suspects began arguing with her, telling her that the room would be rearranged no matter what she wanted. The victim felt uncomfortable and reported the case to University police. Officers spoke with the parents, who said that they had not used foul language and that the dispute was part of an ongoing issue between the roommates. The case was referred to Residential Life, and an agreement was reached on how the room would be arranged.