Mike Contegni/Contributing Photographer Ronald Leong, a junior majoring in accounting and management information systems, and Lisa Knoph, a sophomore majoring in finance, walk down the runway Monday night during the Dress for Success Fashion Show in the Mandela Room. The event, held by business fraternity Delta Sigma Pi, showed the “do’s” and “don’ts” of professional business attire.

Models showed off the “do’s” and “don’ts” of professional attire on Tuesday evening at Delta Sigma Pi business fraternity’s 7th Annual Dress for Success fashion show.

DSP members and sponsor representatives from seven big-name firms walked the stage in outfits ranging from “summer business casual” to “golf outing” to “winter cocktail,” demonstrating how to dress professionally by season and by type of event.

“There is a difference between summer business and winter casual, so it’s vital for them to know how to dress appropriate in different settings and look as best as they can,” said Alexis Stuts, the show’s executive producer and a junior majoring in accounting.

Opposite the appropriately dressed models, other DSP brothers sauntered on stage donning the “don’ts” of business attire, including shorts, mini skirts, and mismatched suits in outrageous colors.

A skit following the fashion show featured performers demonstrating appropriate business conduct, contrasting it with gaffes like sharing inappropriate information and coughing into one’s hand before shaking the hand of a potential employer.

Head recruiters from Deloitte, Ernst and Yong, Grant Thornton, KPMG, McGladrey, MorganStanley, NBT Bank and PricewaterhouseCoopers took the stage for a question-and-answer session following the show, offering advice on preparing to meet with potential employers. The event ended with a networking session with representatives from each company.

“A lot of students will come out for the recruiters and networking, but the fashion show is important because the first impression you make is the strongest, and if it’s confident, it will make a good impression on the recruiter,” said DSP President Dominic Bianco, a senior majoring in accounting.

Bianco and DSP brother Katie Chum emceed the event, which also included musical performances by Jonathan Eng and a cappella group Rhythm Method.

Stuts said business students benefit from events that showcase business attire.

“It’s really important, especially for SOM students,” Stuts said. “They’re constantly encountering business opportunities.”

Many guests were entertained by the show.

“I found it useful because I wasn’t sure of what to wear tonight,” said Steven Moss, a sophomore majoring in accounting.