SUNDAY, FEB. 6, 12:51 a.m. — Officers on patrol responded to a report that the odor of marijuana had been detected in Newing College’s Bingham Hall, said Investigator Dennis P. Bush of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. Officers spoke to a member of Residential Life who first smelled the odor. The officers detected the odor coming from a public bathroom in the building, but since it was a community bathroom there are no suspects.

TUESDAY, FEB. 8, 6:20 a.m. — A maintenance worker in Newing College’s Bingham Hall found that tape had been removed from one of the elevator panels, Bush said. The screws for the panel had been missing for some time, and tape had been holding the panel up in the interim. However, someone took off the tape and the panel was hanging off by its wires. Maintenance workers turned off the elevator until the panel could be fixed.

THURSDAY, FEB. 10, 12:10 a.m. — Officers on patrol detected the odor of burnt marijuana on the second floor of Newing College’s Bingham Hall, Bush said. Officers located the room the smell was coming from, and after a student living in the room let them in, they examined the room to try to find the source of the smell. The officers were unable to find the source of the smell and left the room.