Patience is a virtue

TUESDAY, DEC. 11, 3:17 p.m. — Officers on patrol were called to Newing College’s Endicott Hall after a window was found to be broken at the front of the building, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The officers found two suspects who they thought were responsible, and one admitted to breaking the window. He said he was having a difficult time getting into the building, and because he was cooperative, the case was sent to University Judicial.

Suspension blues

TUESDAY, DEC. 11, 4:28 p.m. — Officers stationed on University East Drive observed a truck heading west with a blue LED light in its grille, Reilly said. The officers initiated a vehicle stop, and the suspect, a 40-year-old male, was cooperative. When the officers looked into his record, they found his license had been suspended three times. The suspect called a friend to pick up the truck, and the officers issued him traffic tickets for his violations.

It’s not easy being green

TUESDAY, DEC. 11, 11:19 p.m. — Officers returning missing property in College-in-the-Woods’ Cayuga Hall detected the smell of marijuana coming from one of the rooms, Reilly said. The officers knocked on the door, and the resident, a 19-year-old male student, allowed them in. The officers told the suspect why they were in the building, and they noticed a green leafy substance on a desk in the room. The suspect admitted that it was his, and he was issued a ticket for unlawful possession of marijuana.