WEDNESDAY, FEB. 9, 9:28 p.m. — Officers on patrol pulled over a vehicle after it had committed numerous traffic violations, said Investigator Dennis P. Bush of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. Patrols questioned the driver, a 20-year-old male student, and detected a strong odor of marijuana in the car. The driver was removed from the car after refusing to obey several simple commands, and there was drug contraband in plain view, including a substance that a field test showed to be marijuana. The suspect was placed under arrest.

FRIDAY, FEB. 11, 2:58 a.m. — Patrols responded to Newing College’s Delaware Hall after reports of disorderly conduct in the lobby of the building, Bush said. Officers observed a large crowd of people gathered in the lobby, with a group of students in the middle having a verbal confrontation. The officers spoke with the students, who all lived off campus, and told the student who was sober to leave campus. An hour later, officers saw a car on campus with the same people in it, and told the driver to get off campus or they would be charged with trespassing.

FRIDAY, FEB. 11, 6:56 p.m. — An investigation of drug use in Newing College’s Delaware Hall led officers to request a search warrant for a certain location in the hall, Bush said. Police entered the area and upon finding drug contraband arrested two students. The first, a 20-year-old male student, was issued a violation, and the second, also a 20-year-old male student, was issued two misdemeanor offenses.

SUNDAY, FEB. 13, 4:22 a.m. — Two males got into a physical confrontation in Newing College’s Delaware Hall, Bush said. When officers responded to reports of the altercation, they found both students cleaning up in the bathroom. The officers questioned them, both 19-year-old males visiting the school, and they said they were friends who had gotten into an argument about “something stupid” and that the fight was their fault. One of the suspects was taken to Binghamton General Hospital for lacerations on his head, but prosecution was declined.