MONDAY, OCT. 22, 6:27 p.m. — Officers on patrol reported to East Campus housing after a fire alarm was set off in one of the buildings, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The Vestal Fire Department was called, and it was found that the alarm had been set off by a malfunction of the building’s propane tank. The firefighters fixed the problem and reset the alarms for the building.

MONDAY, OCT. 22, 11:41 p.m. — Officers on patrol responded to Dickinson Community’s Johnson Hall after receiving reports of the smell of marijuana on the building’s third floor, Reilly said. The officers identified the room the smell was coming from, and after knocking on the door were let in by the room’s three occupants. The suspects denied smoking in the room. They were asked for identification and one of the students, a 20-year-old male, gasped after the officers asked about a second ID they saw in his wallet. The suspect admitted that the card he had given the officers was a fake New York state driver’s license. When asked why he had one, the suspect said, “Well 1,000 other kids on campus have to drink.” The officers found a 30-pack of Budweiser on the floor with 21 cans inside. The suspect was charged with possession of a forged instrument.

TUESDAY, OCT. 23, 4:18 p.m. — Officers on patrol were called to Science II after a report of larceny in the building, Reilly said. A 25-year-old female told officers that two of her sweatshirts, which she had left in a teaching assistant’s office, were missing. The victim did not know who could have taken the clothes, as the room was always locked and only TAs have keys to the room. The case is still under investigation.

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 24, 4:37 p.m. — Officers received a report from an individual outside Academic Building B who said she had found two dead birds outside of the building, Reilly said. The reporter was adamant that one of the birds had been shot. She said she had taken the birds and buried them in some mulch on the side of the path. There were no other witnesses.