FRIDAY, Oct. 12, 12:10 p.m. — Members of the cleaning staff of Newing College reported to Binghamton’s New York State University Police that a tree had fallen in Lot S-3, damaging four to five vehicles, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of University Police. The tree fell following high winds on Friday. Officers responded to the scene and contacted the owners of the vehicles, helping them make arrangements for repair estimates. University groundskeepers were called to cut up the tree and dispose of it.

SATURDAY, Oct. 13, 5:58 a.m. — A 32-year-old cab driver reported to University Police that four students he was driving left his cab without paying in Lot B, Reilly said. The officers were given the description of the suspects and looked for them for some time. The officers thought they had found the students, but the cab driver said they were not the suspects. The officers continued to search, but were unable to find the suspects. The case is still under investigation.

SUNDAY, Oct. 14, 2:44 A.M. — Officers on patrol responded to Newing College’s Delaware Hall after a fire alarm was set off on the third floor of the building, Reilly said. The officers looked at video footage taken of the hall and identified two suspects. They spoke to one person who looked like one of the suspects, and he said that he was drunk and unsure of whether he had pulled it or not. The other person was not identified and the case is still under investigation.

SUNDAY, Oct. 14, 3:00 a.m.— Officers on patrol were called to Newing College’s Bingham Hall after a report of an intoxicated person in the building, Reilly said. The officers found the suspect, a 19-year-old female who was lying in her bed and had a large contusion on her head. The suspect was very uncooperative and kept pulling her blankets over her head. Her roommate told officers that she had been at an off-campus party where she had six to seven cups of punch. While the suspect was vomiting at the party, she hit her head on the toilet and bruised it. The suspect was finally convinced to cooperate and was sent to Binghamton General Hospital.