MONDAY, OCT. 8, 10:30 a.m. — An 18-year-old male reported to Binghamton’s New York State University Police that his car had been damaged after being parked in Lot M-2 for two days, Investigator Patrick Reilly said. The victim, who was visiting Binghamton University, found that his car’s passenger side mirror had been broken off when he was about to leave the campus. Officers on patrol had noticed the damage earlier, but had been unable to contact the victim because he was a visiting student. The case is still under investigation.

MONDAY, OCT. 8, 8:22 p.m. — A 19-year-old male student said that two textbooks had been stolen from his room in Hinman College’s Smith Hall, Reilly said. The student had been out of his room all day and came back to find the books gone. All of the victim’s suitemates have been interviewed, but they did not know anything about it. The case is still under investigation.

TUESDAY, OCT. 9, 4:37 p.m. — Officers on patrol in Lot J were informed that someone had left a 3-year-old child in their car, Reilly said. The officers found the vehicle in question and observed no one outside the car supervising. Later a man came to the vehicle and the officers questioned him. The suspect said that he had only been gone for 10-15 minutes and did not want to wake up his sleeping son. The officers said they would contact the New York State Office of Child and Family Services, as they are legally obligated to do. Their representative said they would follow up on the case.

TUESDAY, OCT. 9, 6:21 p.m. — Officers responded to Newing College’s Bingham Hall after a complaint of the smell of marijuana in the building, Reilly said. The officers identified the room the smell was coming from and knocked on the door. They thought they heard students behind the door, but no one came to answer the door. The officers waited for 15 minutes and left after that. Residential Life will follow up on the case.