FRIDAY, OCT. 5, 7:37 p.m. — Officers on patrol were informed by workers at Wegmans that they had seen students taking alcoholic beverages from their packaging and placing them in separate bags before getting on an OCCT bus, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The officers found two suspects matching the witnesses’ descriptions, and after approaching them were given permission to search the suspects’ bags. The officers found a 12-pack of LandShark Lager in one of the bags and the suspects, both 18-year-old male students, were given warnings for under-age possession of alcohol.

SUNDAY, OCT. 7, 1:23 a.m. — A 22-year-old male student contacted University police to say that someone had knocked his motorcycle over in Parking Lot O2, Reilly said. The victim said that he had left his motorcycle upright the previous day, but when he returned to the lot he saw it on the ground and the handlebar and mirror had been damaged. The officers responded to the scene, but then had to leave shortly after due to an emergency elsewhere (see below). When they returned, they found the bike knocked over again, but did not see anyone in the surrounding area. The case is still under investigation, but there are no suspects or witnesses.

SUNDAY, OCT. 7, 1:29 a.m. — Officers on patrol responded to Parking Lot Y-5 after the Broome County police dispatcher alerted University police that a group of men had been verbally harassing a female as they walked out of the Nature Preserve, Reilly said. The officers found a group of men near the Nature Preserve and one of them was loudly yelling obscenities. The officers tried to question the suspect, an 18-year-old male student, but he told them to “fuck off,” and “fuck police.” The suspect then approached the officers in an aggressive manner, and while the officers and his friends told him to hold back, the suspect persisted. The suspect was then taken to the ground and handcuffed; he had remained aggressive the entire time. The suspect was brought to headquarters and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. He later apologized for his actions.

SUNDAY, OCT. 7, 3:12 a.m. — Officers were called to Connector Road after a complaint of abuse by a taxi driver, Reilly said. The driver had been taking a 22-year-old male student and two others to campus, when the male student abruptly told the driver to stop where they were. The suspect then got out, slammed the door and proceeded to punch and break the car window. The driver asked the suspect why he had done that and the suspect told him to “shut the fuck up.” The suspect suffered a laceration on his arm from punching the window, and the two other passengers in the car suffered minor injuries from the glass. The driver chose to press charges and the suspect was arrested for criminal mischief.