Provided by Legacy.com In addition to his work at Binghamton University, Fabricius served as the director of bands for the Owego Free Academy and was active in NYSSMA.

Daniel Fabricius, conductor of the University Wind Symphony, died on Aug. 10.

Fabricius first joined Binghamton University in 1992 as a percussion instructor before being promoted to conductor in 2012. From 1989 until his death, Fabricius also served as the director of bands for the Owego Free Academy. Fabricius held a bachelor’s degree from Mansfield University and a master’s in music education from Ithaca College.

In a statement released on Aug. 11, the Binghamton Philharmonic Orchestra described Fabricius as a person active in the community.

“We learned yesterday of the death of percussionist Daniel Fabricius, one of our longest serving musicians,” the statement reads. “As a musician, educator and all-around great guy, Daniel was deeply connected to the community, and his passing will be felt very hard by all who knew him. We extend our love and support to Daniel’s family and to the entire community as we grieve his death.”

Aside from his work in teaching, Fabricius served as the jazz chairperson as well as an adjudicator for the New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA), while also contributing to the NYSSMA Journal. Fabricius also worked previously as a summer session faculty member at Ithaca College.

An obituary submitted to the Press & Sun-Bulletin invited people to an upcoming memorial service while describing Fabricius’ accomplishments.

“He was an accomplished musician and teacher and shared his gift and expertise with others throughout his entire life,” the obituary reads. “All are invited to a Memorial Service and Life Celebration to be held at Owego Free Academy, 1 Sheldon Guile Blvd. Owego, NY on the lawn outside the Band Room on Saturday Aug. 27, 2022 at 1 p.m.”

Students in need of counseling services or support can contact the University Counseling Center at 607-777-2772 and the Office of the Dean of Students at 607-777-2804. Faculty and staff in need of support can contact the Employee Assistance Program any time of day at 1-800-822-0244.