Facebook, you’ve done it again. You’ve managed to take creepiness to new heights with your recently released ‘See Friendship’ tool. We were starting to get used to all the other Facebook-wide structural changes that you’ve cranked out without user consideration or remorse ‘ it’s become a part of using your site.

But even if we could expect an awful update to your website, you’ve managed to find a way to shock us with an avalanche of useless information in just the click of a button. Thanks.

For those of you who haven’t noticed it yet, what you once knew as the wall-to-wall feature has mutated drastically. Now, you click the ‘See Friendship’ link and it takes you to an entire page dedicated to you and your friend. It tells you how long you’ve been ‘friends’ for ‘ it has your pictures together, every wall post ever exchanged, all of the friends, events and ‘likes’ you have in common and even every status that both of you commented on.

But here’s the best part: You can not only view your own ‘friendships,’ but also the ‘friendships’ between your mutual friends. If you weren’t a creeper before, here’s your chance to e-stalk without having to click on everybody’s profile pages. It’s all laid out for you.

Three words to that: too much information. As in, way too much information that isn’t necessary to present in the first place.

Facebook has definitely taken its initial goal of communication via social networking to a dizzying precipice. And I’m not sure it’s such a great change.

Is this just another step in the new phenomenon of communication or is this just another way to tickle the unwarranted-Internet-private-investigator inside of us even further? Come on ‘ what exactly does this have to do with actual social networking?

I consider this an invasion of privacy. I understand that Facebook opens up lives by making public our pictures, statements and interests. But what is actually gained by ludicrously thorough organization of the history of two people’s online relationship?

‘See Friendship’ as a concept and application truly proves that what’s in the past is never really in the past ‘ all of the stupid stuff you say (or is said about you) on the Internet never really is forgotten. Now you, your friends and all of your mutual friends get to see every single interaction that you’ve ever had; you can’t even erase it and it’s constantly updated.

I understand that there’s no privacy on the Internet, but Facebook’s new feature is entirely useless in the sense that it doesn’t encourage real social networking. It doesn’t really have anything to do with getting into contact with your friends and it tacitly encourages you to look backward and not forward and search the entire history between friends.

Why can’t Facebook just stick to its original message and stop taking it one step further?