Some may think trick-or-treating is just for five-year-olds dressed up like princesses or superheroes, but we all know that college students are kids at heart. While dressing up for a Halloween party at a frat house is one thing, what age is too old to go door-to-door?

Students who live on campus don’t have the luxury of living in a residential area like those who live Downtown, but there are still ways to trick-or-treat if you want to. Some campus kids in search of candy will trek down behind the University near Murray Hill Road.

Troy Gladstone, a junior majoring in accounting, recalls how as a freshman he went trick-or-treating in this area.

‘It reminded me and my friends of being with our home friends in middle school when we were 14,’ Gladstone said. ‘Going from house to house, even though we weren’t little kids, was still really fun.’

John Abdi, a junior majoring in psychology, said that while he doesn’t plan to go trick-or-treating, it’s only because he has other plans. However, Abdi feels that trick-or-treating is acceptable at any age, but is less appealing after you’re 15 years old. Ultimately, he believes it’s up to the individual.

‘It is OK for adults to trick-or-treat, if that’s really what they want to do,’ Abdi said.

Although some students feel trick-or-treating is acceptable, there are many who think college is just too old to participate in this Halloween tradition.

Nanaaba Panford, a senior majoring in political science, said she stopped trick-or-treating in sixth grade.

‘I think it’s kind of dangerous for college kids to trick-or-treat,’ Panford said. ‘I know that I wouldn’t open the door if a group of five adults came up to my door in masks.’

Will Ipaye, a sophomore majoring in biochemistry, agreed.

‘They’re young adults at this point, kids should stop at a max age of around 13 or 14,’ Ipaye said.

So whether you’re ready to grab your pumpkin and head door-to-door or finally sit this year out, trick-or-treating is up to you. But don’t be surprised if you get weird looks from eight-year-olds ‘ you are pushing your 20s.