The Binghamton University men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams each pulled off impressive victories on Saturday against the Drexel University Dragons. The men’s team, after falling short to University of Massachusetts by five points last week, soundly beat the Dragons 168.5-129.5. The women’s team also won by a big margin, 172.5-125.5. This is the third win for the women, who are currently undefeated in the regular season.

The Drexel women came out strong, winning their first event in the women’s 200-yard medley relay with a time of 1:50.63. The Bearcats were a close second with a time of 1:51.09.

‘They took the lead early on us, they challenged our character,’ said Binghamton head coach Sean Clark.

The women struggled in the first few events, but turned things around as senior Danielle Gallo placed first in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:09.67). She would later go on to place first in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:29.62). Sophomore Tin Wai Siu continued the Bearcats’ winning ways by winning the 200-yard butterfly (2:06.23) and 100-yard freestyle (53.30). Siu was named America East Female Swimmer of the Week last week.

Senior Amanda Ciccone also had wins in the 50-yard freestyle and 100-yard butterfly.

The men’s team won the 200-yard medley relay with a time of 1:35:40. Junior Nolan Slesnick had a strong showing at the meet, as he finished first in the 1,000-yard freestyle (9:54.08) and 500-yard freestyle (4:50.35). Teammate Joe Perez-Rogers had also had a strong showing as he finished first in the 100-yard backstroke (51.74) and 100-yard butterfly (51.36). Their coach felt like their wins were significant.

‘The 1-2 finish from the men set the tone for the rest of the events,’ Clark said.

Senior Jason Chen also had a win in the 100-yard freestyle.

Clark said he was impressed, but not surprised, that both Bearcats teams pulled together and rallied.

‘[The] 100-yard freestyle was key for both men and women. [The] women came out strong and swept Drexel,’ Clark said.

With the win over Drexel, the men evened their record to 1-1, while the women improved their record to a perfect 2-0.

Both teams are set to take on the Marist Red Foxes at home this Saturday in the West Gym. The first event is scheduled for 1 p.m.