It’s that time of year again. We’ve worked hard for the first half of the semester and are due for a break. Here in Binghamton, we’ve been extremely lucky with the weather these past few weeks, as it feels like summer is already here. While it can be hard to concentrate on schoolwork when it’s nearly 70 degrees outside, we do have something to look forward to — spring break.

Break is a time for forgetting about school for a whole week — whether you go away with friends or take the time to relax at home. There are plenty of ways to make the most of your time off, but most importantly, you need a good spring break playlist.

Natalie Teboul, a sophomore majoring in human development, agrees that the right music is essential for a good break.

“It’s nice to take a break from school,” Teboul said. “You need happy, upbeat music to prepare you for summer. It’s all about being in the sun and having fun.”

If you’re looking for upbeat music that will get you and your friends up and dancing, you may want to check out songs like “Happy” by Ayiesha Woods, “Good Girls Go Bad” by Cobra Starship and “Lovesick” by Emily Osment.

If you are a country music fan, you’ll also want to listen to “American Saturday Night” by Brad Paisley and “How Far Do You Wanna Go” by Gloriana.

Feeling a little nostalgic? “C’est La Vie” by B*Witched and “Mmmbop” by Hanson are great ’90s tunes that will take you back in time.

Spring break is about the weather. If you’re just looking for some music to play in the car or while lying on the beach, then “Keep Your Head Up” by Andy Grammer, “Only Wanna Be With You” by Hootie and the Blowfish and “Rock and Roll” by Eric Hutchinson are perfect songs. “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” by The Beach Boys and “That Don’t Impress Me Much” by Shania Twain are also great additions to the singing-with-the-windows-rolled-down playlist.

Elizabeth Eng, a sophomore double-majoring in psychology and economics, recommends listening to pop songs.

“You need to listen to ‘Feel So Close’ by Calvin Harris,” Eng said. “It puts you in such a good mood and just makes you want to dance like ‘Call Me Maybe’ by Carly Rae Jepsen.”

Whether you’re spending spring break in Florida with your friends, here in lovely Binghamton or at home with your family, music is important, so take your playlists seriously. You can even download some karaoke versions of your favorite songs so you can sing along. This may be something you want do alone, unless you’re the next American Idol.