Provided by Netflix

Netflix recently announced the new titles that will be available to stream this month. Along with classic and well-known titles, such as James Cameron’s “Titanic” and Clint Eastwood’s “Unforgiven,” fairly new films and television series have been announced to appear on the streaming site as well. This includes Peter Nicholson’s “Dartmoor Killing” and the original Netflix film “Mascots,” directed by Christopher Guest. With all these new titles becoming available to stream, it can be hard to pick something to watch. Here are a few titles that should not be missed.

“Black Mirror,” Season 3

“Black Mirror” is an anthology series, meaning that each episode features a new story and a different set of characters. This provides a unique experience for the viewer since it is not too common in popular, current television. Throughout this British sci-fi series, there are dark themes similar to those found in “The Twilight Zone.” A major focus of the show, which makes it more modern, is the dangers and effects of new technology. Season 3 is available to stream on Oct. 21 and features numerous directors, including Dan Trachtenberg, who is known for directing “10 Cloverfield Lane.”

“Luke Cage,” Season 1

Even though many think that action-based superhero story lines are getting old, the genre still does extremely well, and Netflix’s “Luke Cage” is no exception. Based on the Marvel superhero of the same name, the series follows Luke Cage, who is played by Mike Colter. The superhero is a man with superhuman strength and unbreakable skin. Season 1 was just released on Sept. 30 and contains 13 episodes. Throughout these 13 episodes we get to delve a little deeper into this ex-cop, ex-con that possesses extraordinary power. We follow Cage as he fights the idea that he is a hero while he tries to lay low in Harlem. Throughout his time there, he works on using his powers to make the neighborhood a better place. Harlem’s spirit is captured fantastically throughout the show from the soundtrack to the locations that are used. For any Marvel fan, this series is definitely something you shouldn’t miss.

“The Imitation Game”

This Academy Award-winning World War ll film follows the true story of a small group of British mathematicians as they solve Nazi Germany’s Enigma code. Benedict Cumberbatch plays Alan Turing, the mathematician that solved the “uncrackable” code and built one of the first computers in the process. He is joined by Keira Knightley who plays one of his partners, Joan Clarke. The main focus of the film is how the code was cracked by this unlikely group of heroes, but the audience also gets a glimpse into the life of Turing and his tragic end. Even though he aided in the Allies’ victory, he still lived a tragic life as an ostracized gay man in an unaccepting time. The film is streaming now and for anyone that is interested in historical films based on true stories, it is a perfect match.

“The Uninvited”

Possibly murderous, evil stepmother, psychiatric facilities and ghosts, this film has everything that a horror movie should have. This U.S. remake of the South Korean horror film “A Tale of Two Sisters” follows Anna, played by Emily Browning, a girl who is released after spending 10 months in a psychiatric facility following her mother’s death in a boathouse fire and a subsequent suicide attempt. After her release, Anna returns home to find her father engaged to the nurse who used to take care of her mother. She is then visited by her mother’s ghost and is told to seek revenge because her death was not an accident. Anna enlists the help of her sister, Alex, and the two attempt to solve their mother’s death.

Honorable Mentions:
-“Breakfast at Tiffany’s”
-“Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”
-“Gentleman’s Agreement”
-“American Horror Story: Hotel” (Season 5)
-“The Flash” (Season 2)
-“Arrow” (Season 4)
-“DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” (Season 1)
-“Trailer Park Boys Out of the Park: Europe”