Hit and Quit
TUESDAY, Sept. 27, 2:51 p.m. — Officers were called to the scene of a hit-and-run, said Investigator Patrick Reilly of Binghamton’s New York State University Police. The victim, an 18-year-old female, said she parked her car on the service drive for Bingham Hall of Newing College. When she returned to her vehicle, she found her taillight broken and on the ground in addition to other damage to her vehicle. There are no suspects or witnesses at this time.
Fake it ‘Til You Make it
TUESDAY, Sept. 27, 6:01 p.m. — A student, whose wallet was turned in as found property, was discovered to have a forged license in her possession, Reilly said. While attempting to identify the owner of the wallet using her New York state identification, officers noticed a forged Connecticut driver’s license. The student also reported that someone had stolen $20 from her wallet since she had lost it. She was not charged with any offense, but was referred to the Office of Student Conduct for her forged license and the license was confiscated.
That Ended Well
WEDNESDAY, Sept. 28, 10:10 p.m. — An officer on patrol near Oneida Hall of College-in-the-Woods noticed three students gathered in a circle in the woods, Reilly said. The three students, all 18-year-old males, were repeatedly using a lighter in the dark when the officer approached the group. The officer asked them what they were doing and they admitted to smoking marijuana. The officer confiscated 5.8 grams of marijuana from the suspects. Additionally, when one student was removing his ID to give to the officer, the officer noticed a second ID in his wallet, which turned out to be a forged Connecticut license. Two of the suspects were charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation, and the third suspect was referred to Student Conduct in lieu of an arrest.
Hot Seat
WEDNESDAY, Sept. 28, 1:15 p.m. — Binghamton’s New York State University Police assisted the New York State Police in the arrest of a Sodexo worker, Reilly said. The worker had been avoiding police by not returning home, so state police contacted University police in order to execute the arrest. The alleged incident occurred off campus. The suspect was charged with harassment, a violation.