Photo provided/Ethan Saks America?s newest dance craze, dubstep, originated in the underground London music-scene. But this L.A. DJ, performing in Syracuse tonight, takes it to a whole new level, making the beats his own.

As many of us know all too well, February in Binghamton can be extremely cold. So, if you’re looking to heat things up this weekend, then you just might be in luck.

Electro-favorite DJ Skrillex will be making the trek up to Syracuse this Sunday night to play at the Westcott Theater. Skrillex’s ability to seamlessly fuse dubstep and glitch with electro-house while incorporating catchy synth leads and distorted modulated voice samples has made it easy for the 23-year-old Los Angeles native to take the electronic world by storm.

The man behind the beats, Sonny Moore, started out in the mid-2000s as the frontman for screamo band From First to Last, but in 2009, Moore shed his birth name and picked up his old AIM screen name, Skrillex. He began his DJ career by dropping remixes of classic pop hits such as Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance” and B.o.B’s “Just the Way You Are.” His “whomptastic” jams, combined with dirty skills on the turntables, transformed Skrillex into a household name amongst dubstep fans and immediately resulted in him booking endless gigs at festivals and clubs all over the world.

After joining Deadmau5’s label, Mau5trap, Skrillex released two EPs in less than six months. The first, titled “My Name is Skrillex,” followed by “Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites,” have both dominated the charts, and are overflowing with intensity and energy.

Skrillex’s Syracuse performance is set to start at 8 p.m. and will be a show you don’t want to miss. Accompanying Skrillex will be DJ openers Mikey Parkay and Silas Maximus. Concert-goers should be advised to wear minimal clothing and shoes that they can dance in. Although the streets of Syracuse are frigid, temperatures inside the Westcott Theater will be skyrocketing as the venue turns into an electro dance party.