This story has been updated with more information

After a long wait and much anticipation from the student body, the Student Association Programming Board (SAPB) has announced that Walk The Moon and T-Pain will be performing at this year’s Spring Fling.

Perhaps best known for summer hit “Shut Up and Dance,” Walk The Moon offers fun, poppy dance hits under the umbrella of their rock genre. The four-piece band came together in the late 2000s and has since produced three albums. The most recent effort, “Talking is Hard,” contains “Shut Up and Dance,” as well as “Different Colors” and “Work This Body.”

Bernadette Machuca, the SA’s vice president for programming, said she is excited about the acts for the May 7 concert.

“I think that Walk The Moon has exactly the type of energy that students like to see at Spring Fling,” said Machuca, a senior majoring in biology. “A lot of their music is very fun, energetic and I think that they’re definitely the type of band that a lot of people will be able to appreciate and enjoy.”

As for T-Pain, Machuca said she “had always envisioned having some sort of throwback artist.”

The R&B artist, whose real name is Faheem Najm, will take the stage first. T-Pain has released four albums since 2005, with a fifth effort, “Stoicville: The Phoenix” on the way. He is known for songs such as “Best Love Song,” featuring Chris Brown, “I’m N Luv (Wit a Stripper)” and his collaboration with Jamie Foxx on “Blame It,” as well as his use of auto-tune.

“T-Pain is an artist that has been around for years and has always had great dance hits,” Machuca said. “He adds some variety to the concert and will be a fun act to get the crowd hyped.”

Walk The Moon came in first in the survey under the Pop/Rock/Alternative genre, with 36.9 percent voting “Dying to see!!,” tying with Future overall. In the hip-hop/R&B category, T-pain came in fourth with 27 percent marking “Dying to see!!”

Opening for both acts will be student band The Three 4s. According to Machuca, they are also considering adding one more student opener in order to accommodate a member of the band that keeps the Sabbath.

This year’s concert, like 2014’s Matt and Kim show, will be performed behind Lecture Hall, in front of the Student Wing. Gone will be the awkward crowd-spacing issues that came with last year’s stage being in front of the Harpur College fountain.

In addition to these changes, students are excited to be seeing more popular artists in the lineup.

“I think it’s going to prove to be a really awesome night,” said Hadas Bernstein, a senior majoring in psychology. “We always talk about how we are the premier university, and as much as I’ve loved the bands or sets previous years, this really puts us out there as a university that can get big-name bands.”

Emily Mancini, a senior double-majoring in philosophy, politics and law and English, thinks the show will be “nothing spectacular but a good middle-ground.”

Charlotte Kurz, a junior majoring in human development, agreed that it is good to have something for everyone.

“I think that it’s really cool to have two big names headlining,” she said. “It’ll make it so there’s a lot of variety for everyone to enjoy.”

The announcement of the Spring Fling headliners is later than that of previous years, which Machuca attributed to issues with the contract negotiations.

“I’d say a big issue that we were going back and forth on was in regards to what we would do in case of inclement weather,” Machuca explained. “Because there was a bit of discomfort on their end with the infrastructure of our stage, and whether or not it would be OK in that weather.”

While she says it was “hashed out for a while,” it was not something that was difficult to come to an agreement on.

According to Machuca, the artists requested a rain location, which will be in the West Gym. The concert will move there in the case of any inclement weather.

Other setbacks included the late timing of spring break and some miscommunication with the booking agency that the SAPB uses. Additionally, Machuca says that Walk The Moon has still not sent over a contract, but they were given permission to release the performers’ names to the student body.

Despite all of this, Machuca believes the concert and festival will run smoothly.

“What’s really been prolonged is just contract negotiations, but that still hasn’t affected or stopped all the work that goes on besides that,” Machuca said. “We’ve all still kept moving forward with everything else as per usual.”

Spring Fling will take place on Saturday, May 7 from 1-5 p.m. The free concert is set to begin at 8 p.m.