Caleb Schwartz/Contributing Photographer

Condoms are pretty much the superheroes of the contraceptive world. They offer protection against STDs and pregnancy, and you don’t need a prescription to get them. And even better, you can get them at no cost. Pipe Dream has compiled a comprehensive list of places to get free condoms in the Binghamton area.

On-campus:

— Decker Student Health Services Center and the Health Education Office

You might usually only visit Health Services when you’re sick, but they can also help you out when it comes to birth control. Located right behind Dickinson Community, both the clinic and the Health Education Office have condoms and lube available for free. To get to the Health Education Office, just follow the sign around the side of the building and go down the stairs for even more safe-sex resources.

— Rainbow Pride Union (RPU) office

RPU is a student organization dedicated to providing a safe space to the LGBTQ community on campus. Their office, located in University Union West Room 302, has male and female condoms, dental dams, lube and safe-sex information available to all students. Visit their website, binghamtonrpu.com, to see their office hours.

— Your resident assistant’s (RA) office

While you might feel awkward approaching an RA in your building for condoms, it’s your best last-minute, late-night option to make sure you’re safe during a hook-up. Even better, stock up ahead of time so you don’t have to stress when the time comes to get lucky.

Off-campus:

— Family Planning of South Central New York

Located at 117 Hawley Street, Family Planning has both a health clinic and an education office. They provide free condoms and other resources for all your safe-sex needs. And if you need STD testing or other birth control services and don’t want to (or can’t) use your parents’ insurance, they can cover the cost of your visit through the Family Planning Benefit Program.

— Southern Tier AIDS Program (STAP)

STAP’s main office is located at 22 Riverside Dr., close to many off-campus students. They offer free male and female condoms, dental dams and lube. You can find the same resources, as well as STD and HIV testing at one of their other nearby offices at 277 Main St. in Johnson City.

— Identity and the M4 Project

An affiliate of STAP, Identity, an LGBTQ youth center, is located at 206 State St. The M4Project (in the same building) specifically provides a safe space for gay, bisexual and transgender men ages 18-30. They host community programs, provide STD testing and have free safer-sex supplies for anyone in the Binghamton community who needs them.