Parade Day, the most magical day of the year, graces us with its presence tomorrow. Whether it’s your first or your last day-long drink-fest, you’ll need an organized plan to make sure you have the best Parade Day possible. Follow this itinerary and you’ll make the most of the experience, from your first beer in the morning to the bars closing at 3 a.m.

Parade Day Eve:

This is your last chance to make sure everything is prepared for tomorrow. Make sure you have all your green material to create the perfect aesthetic. Go over your squad’s morning schedule and make sure to set an extra alarm. Make sure you have all the alcohol and ingredients for your breakfast of choice, because you won’t want to make an early Price Chopper run. Figure out which bag you’ll take and charge your phone and portable charger. Let no moment go undocumented.

Wake up call:

Your optimal wake-up time will range from about 7 a.m. to 8 a.m., depending on how much preparation you left for the morning. Leave time to drag yourself out of bed and head to the shower. Remember, there is no wrong time to start drinking, so make sure to grab a shower beer (or two). If your roommates are missing their alarms, do your due diligence and wake them up. No man left behind!

Breakfast:

Calling this the most important meal of the day is an understatement for Parade Day. You have a long journey ahead of you and need to fill your stomach, or else your day may end before the parade even begins. Fortunately for on-campus early risers, the College-in-the-Woods Dining Hall will open at 7 a.m. with a special menu and free bottled water. Appalachian Collegiate Center and Hinman Dining Hall will open at 8 a.m., while Chenango Champlain Collegiate Center (C4) opens at 9 a.m. at the latest. Wherever you decide to go, you’ll thank yourself later for picking up an extra bottle of water and a snack. If you live off-campus, check out Pipe Dream’s pre-game breakfast recipes.

Getting Downtown:

Remember that first month of the fall semester when you collected cab drivers’ cell phone numbers? This is the day you may want to call them up. For those who want to brave an OCCT bus, you will experience the same wait times as a normal Friday or Saturday night, if not worse. The first bus going Downtown will be the 8:30 a.m. DCL, but expect lines to start even before then. If you’re truly committed to the Parade Day cause, you’ll want to be on that line no later than 9:30 a.m.

Pre-Parade:

Congratulations, you have made it Downtown! Spend your time wisely at each party. There are plenty of them out there and you don’t want to waste time at a level six when there’s a 10 down the street. Your friend’s house will be fun, but don’t spend so long there that you miss out on the community and camaraderie that is the frat party scene.

The Parade:

For those who think you don’t need to go to the actual parade, you will regret it later. After all, this is Parade Day, not fraternity day. The actual parade starts at 1:30 p.m., so make sure you have enough time to get onto Main Street. For optimal viewing, make your way toward Front and Main, but be warned, there will be large crowds and children around, so keep the buffoonery to minimal levels.

Post-Parade:

The parade may be over, but the day is only halfway done. You have time to either head back to a party or make your way to State Street for the crowded, gross and traditional fun that is the bars. The lines are long, so don’t expect to just hop around like it’s a Thursday night. Additionally, this is prime time to get drunk food from Binghamton Hots, Pasquale’s, Maryam’s Mart or China One. No matter what cuisine you want, the area is your oyster. Just don’t vomit in an establishment, or you’ll risk getting kicked out.

Mid-Day Turn Down:

This is the second-most important part of the day next to breakfast. You’ll either want to head to a friend’s home or back to campus from around 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Unfortunately, getting back to campus is just as hard as it would be on a weekend. When you do return home, you’ll need to build your strength up for the coming night, so spend this time eating food, drinking water and taking a well-deserved nap.

Nighttime:

After feeling rejuvenated from your nap, you have the entire night ahead of you. Have fun and be safe.